Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you just can’t seem to make a decision, no matter how hard you try?w
Overwhelm takes over and you just can’t seem to take back control, not able to see the wood from the trees. When we find ourselves in this sea of overthinking and confusion the ability to overcome self doubt becomes harder, but not impossible.
You might feel like you’re stuck in a never-ending loop of pros and cons, going back and forth in your mind, trying to weigh the options. It can be frustrating, overwhelming, and just plain exhausting.
It’s like being at a crossroads, where each path seems appealing in its own way, but you just can’t seem to pick one. The pressure to make the right choice can feel like a heavy weight on your shoulders, and the fear of making the wrong decision can be paralysing.
But here’s the thing – this struggle to make a decision isn’t a sign of weakness. In fact, it’s a natural part of the human experience. Our brains are wired to protect us from harm, so when faced with uncertainty, we naturally become cautious and indecisive.
There can be a number of reasons why this may happen, and why we may stop trusting ourselves, here are 4 I see all the time:
- Overly controlling parental figures making decisions for you: Growing up with parents who made all the decisions for you can cause you to feel like you’re not capable of making your own choices. This can lead to a lack of confidence in your ability to make decisions, even as an adult.
- Being told that your thoughts, opinions, and choices are rubbish : If you’ve been repeatedly told or made to believe that your thoughts and opinions are worthless, it can be hard to trust yourself. This kind of negativity can erode your self-esteem and make it difficult to make decisions with confidence.
- Previous negative experiences: If you’ve had negative experiences as a result of your decisions, it can be easy to fall into the trap of not trusting yourself. You may start to believe that you’re not capable of making good choices, which can cause you to hesitate and second-guess yourself.
- Previous unhealthy relationships: Being in an unhealthy relationship where you were constantly told what to do or belittled can cause you to lose trust in your intuition. When you’re used to having someone else make decisions for you, it can be hard to start trusting yourself again.
- And an extra one that I see TOO often : PEOPLE PLEASING! Not listening to your own inner compass by pleasing others because it kept you safe and this pattern repeated led to your emotional self not trusting you and you not listening to it, leading you to doubt yourself even more.
All of these experiences can cause you to doubt yourself and make it difficult to make decisions. However, it’s important to remember that you can overcome these obstacles and learn to trust yourself again. By developing self-awareness and working on building up your self-esteem, you can start to make decisions with confidence and trust your own intuition.
However, when we finally learn to trust our intuition and listen to our inner voice, it can be incredibly freeing. Imagine being able to make a decision with clarity and confidence, without attachment to the outcome. It’s like taking the reins of your life and steering it in the direction you want to go.
So, how do you tap into this inner wisdom and make decisions with ease?
It starts with letting go of the fear of making the wrong choice.
Remember, there is no such thing as a perfect decision – every choice comes with its own set of risks and rewards. Instead of focusing on the outcome, focus on making the best decision for yourself in the present moment.
Another key is to practice self-awareness and learn to identify the emotions and thoughts that are holding you back. Are you afraid of change? Are you clinging to the familiar? By recognising these patterns, you can start to shift your mindset and make decisions from a place of confidence and clarity.
But here are some more simple ways to overcome self doubt:
- Tune into your inner voice and intuition through meditation, mindfulness, and breathwork: Meditation, mindfulness, and breathwork are great ways to quiet your mind and tune into your inner voice. When you’re able to focus and listen to your intuition, you’ll be able to make decisions with more confidence. These practices can help you release any negative thoughts or emotions that are blocking you from trusting yourself
- Journal and self-reflect to get in touch with your thoughts, emotions, and values: Keeping a journal and taking time to reflect on your thoughts, emotions, and values can be incredibly powerful. It’s a chance for you to really understand what’s going on inside of you and why you may not be trusting yourself. This self-reflection can also help you identify what’s important to you and what you truly value
- Go out in nature, get grounded, and connect with the elements to be present and release: Spending time in nature can help you feel more grounded and present. When you’re able to connect with the elements and be in the moment, you’ll be able to release any tension or stress that may be blocking you from making decisions
- Practice self-compassion and speaking kindly to yourself: Being kind and compassionate towards yourself is key to regaining trust in yourself. When you’re able to speak kindly to yourself, you’ll be able to release any negative self-talk and self-doubt that may be holding you back.
- Surround yourself with positive, supportive, and non-judgmental people and maintain healthy relationships with them: Surrounding yourself with positive and supportive people can have a huge impact on your life. When you have a strong support system, you’ll be able to trust yourself more and make decisions with more confidence. Make sure to maintain healthy relationships with these people and keep negativity out of your life
- Learn to say “no” to things that are not a “yes”: Learning to say “no” to things that aren’t a “yes” can be incredibly liberating. When you’re able to let go of the things that aren’t serving you, you’ll be able to focus on what is and make decisions with more clarity.
By incorporating these steps into your life, you’ll be able to take back control, trust yourself, and make decisions with confidence. Remember, it’s a journey and not a destination, so be patient with yourself and enjoy the process!
READY TO TRUST YOURSELF?
Let go of questioning whether you’re listening to your intuition or your ego.
Overcome self doubt, by releasing the need to people please and focus on your needs
Learn to understand your mind, body, heart connection.
Tap into your sacred power and innate spiritual gifts & live life in your TRUTH.
So, the next time you find yourself struggling to make a decision, take a deep breath, listen to your intuition, and trust that you have the strength and wisdom to make the right choice for you. After all, life is all about taking chances and embracing new experiences – whether you start with a big decision that can change your life, or a small one that feels easy – trusting that the decision you make is the right one, will support your soul’s highest good.
Learning to trust one self is the most important thing I work with my clients to gain –
to TRUST in your own wisdom and truth.
If you’re ready to move into trust and truth and looking for guidance to do so, book a free call to discuss the different options of working with me.
Time to step into :
✨ Power and sacredness.
✨ Safety and security.
✨ Love and Peace.
All of my services are designed to support you to trust your OWN genius, power & energy.
What makes me an expert in all of this? I have spent all of my life learning this lesson. As a people pleaser, struggled to listen to my own needs for too long I would easily forget what it felt like to trust myself when focusing on others’ needs first.
My life changed for the better when I learnt how to navigate my life, emotions, needs and intuition with my soul’s best interest at heart first. Read more about my story here.